Hike and explore the 'white ice' of New Zealand's longest glacier at Aoraki Mount Cook. Heli-hiking on the Tasman Glacier with Alpine Guides offers easy access to the realm of the mountaineer.
With your mountain guide, you will fly high onto the “white ice” of New Zealand's longest and largest glacier – the mighty Tasman (Huapapa).
We meet at Mount Cook Airport, provide a safety briefing, and check equipment - then embark on a thrilling helicopter flight into the mountains.
An Amazing Landscape of Ice
This guided interpretative trek is on an amazing landscape of fluted ice, runnels, moulins, and sinuous winding streamlets. You will explore the gently undulating terrain, as your crampons bite into ancient ice. The highest peaks of the Southern Alps, Aoraki Mount Cook and Mount Tasman, tower above.
Your helicopter returns you safely to Mt Cook Airport, flying close to the massive 1,000 metre high (3,200 feet) Hochstetter Icefall to finish your incredible adventure.
- Up to 2 hours on the ice of New Zealand's longest glacier
- Helicopter flight is twice as long as at Franz or Fox Glaciers
- Hike at over 1,200 m above sea level
- Amazing close-up views of New Zealand's highest peaks
Tasman Glacier Heli Hike is a joint venture with The Helicopter Line.
Price: NZ$565 per person
NZ$585 from 01 May 2018Booking Terms and Conditions
- October-April: 0900, 1100, 1300.
- May 01 -14: 0900, 1100.
- 15 May - 20 September (winter): 1100 only.
- Includes: 2 scenic helicopter flights, professional guide service and glacier equipment
- Meet at: Mount Cook Airport
- Gear provided:
Boots, crampons, jackets, hats, gloves
- Please Bring:
Sun block and lip cream (UV is high)
Warm hat and gloves for cool days
Sun protection for warm weather.
- Maximum guide ratio: Up to '11' people per guide
- Age restriction: Minimum of '8' years old