We think this is the most exciting winter adventure at Mount Cook for non-skiers.
You start with an awesome helicopter flight before descending on to a snowy mountaintop at up to 2,000 metres above sea level, much higher than other heli-hikes.
Once the helicopter leaves, natural silence and stunning views are in charge, across the Mackenzie Basin, from Lake Pukaki to Aoraki Mount Cook and the giants of the Southern Alps.
Aoraki Mount Cook region offers some of the most spectacular alpine scenery within the South Island of New Zealand. You will be amazed by the uninterrupted 360-degree views and enjoy the incredible experience of being on a mountain.
Cool Winter Adventure
Heli Snowshoeing is for anyone with a sense of adventure, who can walk confidently off the 'beaten track'.
Modern, lightweight snowshoes make walking easy. Your guide will lead you over snowy plateaus and rolling terrain where you may want to build a snowman, or simply take in the pristine air of this unique adventure.
The pace is relaxed, with plenty of time to enjoy being in the mountains.
We offer stunning hiking locations, all with amazing views. The site chosen each day is selected by guides and pilots - based the weather, snow quality and safety.
- Two scenic helicopter flights in the Mount Cook region
- Landings at up to 2,000 metres elevation
- Up to 2 hours snowshoeing on a remote mountain
- Incredible 360-degree mountain, glacier and lake views
- Professional and experienced guides and pilots
- All gear provided
- Departures: Every day 18 June to 14 Oct 10 am
- Included: 2 scenic helicopter flights, professional guide service and hiking equipment
- Meet at: Helicopter Line, Glentanner Park
- Gear provided:
Snowshoes, boots, jackets, gloves, hats, waterproof pants
- Please Bring:
Sun block and lip cream (UV is high)
Warm hat and gloves for cool days
- Maximum guide ratio: Up to '11' people per guide
- Age restriction: Minimum of '8' years old